Sunday, November 7, 2010

Properly motivated

For some reason, I woke up this morning properly motivated to get my fat ass in shape. Maybe I know I feel better when I'm in better shape or maybe I'm disappointed that I've failed so far to prevent the winter fattening. My pushup challenge isn't going well because my wrists are weaker than the rest of my body - probably due to too much time spent on the computer.

I can't wait for the beginning of the year and assume P90X is going to save my bacon. If I'm not in the proper shape, I won't be able to do enough of the exercises to get anything out of it. For the rest of the year, I'm going to get up early three days a week to do some strength training. I'll try to add some cardio on the off days. I also ordered up an incline bench to do crunches and back extensions and a dip station to do...well, dips.

I'll wrangle my eating habits back into shape by avoiding sugar again. I've been stress snacking and it's doing quite a bit of harm. The more sugar I eat, the worse I feel which encourages me to eat even more sugar to feel better.

If I don't make significant progress by the end of the year, then I will buy any local reader of this blog a nice dinner.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Surprisingly, the good feeling from waking up has lasted through the morning. Maybe it's because I did a decent amount of strength training and got the endorphins flowing or maybe I was refreshed by my fire hose shower.

Hopefully this good feeling will last through the week. Work has become less fun lately.