Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Amazing Spiderman

Sony has to make a Spiderman movie every so often or the movie rights revert back to Marvel (?).  I guess they squeezed the Tobey Maguire Spiderman franchise dry, so they rebooted with some new dudes.  A reboot means yet another origin story which is lame.  I'd rather they just jumped right to it since most people know who Spiderman is.  If not, they can watch the older ones to get caught up.

This movie had the Lizard as the villain and I think it was a mistake.  He looked pretty stupid in CGI and is not really all that interesting.  I'd prefer they have the Kingpin who has no super powers and Craven because then they could have a lot of animals running around.

While this version was rote and predictable, it was mildly entertaining so I half-heartedly recommend it if you're in the mood for an action movie.

No comments: