Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday night ramblings

I guess it's been a while since I've rapped at y'all.  Heh.  Good ol' Jim Anchower.  Yes, The Onion used to be funny once upon a time.  They have some funny articles from now to then, but it's no longer in my website rotation.

I was relieved by the presidential election results more than anything because it means an end to the political ads, an end to people talking about the election and the election was settled so we don't have to worry about the results being decided by the court.  I voted for Obama, but I don't think he's going to do much of anything.  The real problem is money in politics and he spent a crazy amount on his campaign so he's definitely part of the problem.  I also think the US has stagnated a bit and people are more interested in holding on to what they already have rather than taking a risk.  We're starting to fall behind in innovation and have lost that killer edge.  I think it parallels the fall of the Roman Empire pretty well, but there is still a chance for us to recover.  We should definitely free up some capital and get rid of all the excuses.

I bought a book on trigger point massage and a foam roller so I'll give it a try.  Both were recommended when I was complaining about my calves after my run on Sunday.  I'm big on fitness gadgets for sure and should probably cut back on buying stuff, but I've been hobbling a bit this week.  Minimalist running definitely requires more foot strength.

Just one more day at our Albany site and then I move up to our Malta site for a year.  I might end up staying longer, but I want it to be my choice.  We'll see.  It'll be nice getting out of a multi-company alliance since I feel not everyone is on the same page.  There are also seem to be a lot more single women up there as well so perhaps I'll get some dates.  Heh.  I guess I'll need to be more social and I probably should get a haircut.  I'd rather just shave it all off, but it causes less drama with my mom so I generally keep some hair for the holiday season.

It sort of snowed last night, but it was much warmer today and will be even warmer this weekend.  I'm not ready for the snow and I hope we have another mild winter.  A couple of snow storms are alright, but I don't want to be out early every morning clearing my long-ass driveway.  I've got a snow blower, but it'll still take time to clear everything off so I can get my car out.

I've been on a sugar kick since yesterday's lunchtime pizza party.  I know I don't have the discipline to resist snacking so I need to avoid the initial breakdown.  All I can think about now is how much I want a slice of pizza.  Damnit.

No comments: