Sunday, April 24, 2011

First bike ride of the year

It's finally nice out so I got my bike out of my storage shed, put some air in the tires and went for a ride. Unfortunately, the battery for my bike computer died over the winter so I'm not sure how far I went. I was gone for about 40 minutes so I would estimate I rode for a few miles. I went towards a park and then towards the high school. I was glad to see people running on the track because it means I'll have access to it when I start my track work.

My bike riding skills were never that great to begin with and I'm definitely rusty. I think I should take a class on riding, but I should also get some real bike shoes and bike pedals. I probably need to have my bike tuned up and I probably need new tires. It's a good thing I got that fat bonus though I've nearly spent it all. Yeah, I'm stupid like that.

I think I'd also like to get a bike rack for my car and panniers for my bike. It would be cool to drive somewhere and then ride my bike around. Or maybe I could take my bike on the train. Hmmm...

I'm in slightly worse shape than I thought and I've still got the stupid chunk around my gut. Heh. No progress without struggle so I just need to keep at it and not get discouraged.

Edit: Of course, my bike computer comes to life after I started poking at it.

No comments: