Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fitness update

It's the last Saturday in the month so it's time for a fitness update.  Fortunately, I have good progress to report.  This month I've lost about five pounds of fat and about an inch of chunk from around my waist.  Not too shabby especially since I spent a long weekend in Vegas in the middle of April.

Today also marks the end of Phase I of the South Beach Diet.  I think it was pretty successful in reducing my sugar cravings.  They're still there, but I think I can control them for a while.  Heh.  Scratch that.  I know I can control them.

I'm 60% through Lauren's 1st Class program and I definitely feel stronger.  I played basketball this week and I also went for a bike ride.  I plan on doing some track work this morning and maybe going for another bike ride tomorrow if the weather cooperates.  I'd like to do some track work during the week, but I'm not sure about the track's availability.  I prefer to run on a track to preserve my knees.


As you can see from the above plots, my progress has been rapid this month, but I'm still working on getting back to where I was about a year ago.  I'm not discouraged though because I'm working on the process more than the end result.  I'm working on changing my life to be more healthy for the long term as well as the short term.

My near term goal is to lose another ten pounds of fat which would put me at 180lbs with 20% body fat.  Then I can work on reducing the body fat down to around 15% while maintaining the weight.

I'd also like to drop my "waist" circumference down to around 32", but that should happen when I drop the fat since most of it is around my middle.

I just need to remember there is no progress without struggle.

No comments: