Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fitness update

Time for my monthly fitness update.  I think I've been making good progress with my strength training, but my Super Bowl party set me back quite a bit from the diet side.  Not only did I eat a bunch of crap then, but I had a bunch of crap leftovers which took me a couple of weeks to plow through.  I think it was worth it, but now I've got to work it off if I want to get closer to my goal of being ripped.


Heh.  The local minima is the Saturday before the Super Bowl so you can see the uptick after.  The good news is that I'm still generally trending downward and that my spare tire did not inflate any.

It took me a few shots to get myself in the mirror with my new camera without the flash popping off.  Anyhow, as you can see, there is still a fair amount of chunk around the middle, but I'm getting nice definition in the shoulders and my triceps are starting to hulk out.  The moobs have pretty much gone away as well.

For comparison, here is a shot of me from a year ago:
I had ten more pounds of fat at this point (plus an awesome fu manchu).  I think there is a little less definition in the shoulders and that I look heavier overall, but perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

Anyhow, I'm still fully committed to getting into shape and wherever I end up, is where I'll be.

No comments: