Saturday, May 26, 2012

Planet Hulk

I'm paying for Netflix streaming so I figured I might as well get some use out of it so I watched Planet Hulk, an animated movie, while eating dinner tonight.  Hulk has been exiled from Earth for being too badass and lands on a planet far, far away where he is enslaved.  What follows is a fairly predictable gladiator-redemption movie culminating in a happy ending for all.

The movie never says why Hulk doesn't turn back into Banner, but perhaps it's explained better in the comics.  I also was introduced to Beta Ray Bill for the first time.  I thought he was some weird zombie Thor, but he's a bonafide character in the Marvel Universe.

Those who know me, know I'm a big fan of The Incredible Hulk so this review is partly biased.  He seemed depowered a bit, but it probably made for a better story and you still got to see a lot of Hulk smashing.  This movie is also graphically violent so it is NOT suitable for children.

The animation is ok, but nothing special.

I recommend this movie if you're a fan of The Hulk and/or you've got some time to kill.

No comments: