Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

I saw this movie with my mom while I was in Portland.  I had heard some things about it, but went in with the expectation that I would be entertained by mindless violence and explosions.  I was surprised to be severely disappointed.  While there is some violence, it's not enough to make up for the weak plot and the unsubtle right-wing propaganda.  The villain, Bane, was done incorrectly and serves little purpose.  Catwoman was also wasted though it's nice to see Anne Hathaway in tight leather.

I'm not a fan of DC's big screen adaptations and I only liked the second Nolan Batman movie because of Ledger's performance.  This one was heavy on Bale and I don't care for his fake Eastwood Batman voice.

I recommend this movie only if you know you're going to like it.  It's really long and is likely to be a big waste of time.

No comments: