Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bowling

Last night was the first night of my bowling league.  A dude at work had an opening on his team so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Bowling is fun and it's something to do in the winter that's out and about.

The league isn't cheap, $15/week, but you get to bowl three games.  I'm going to buy some shoes this weekend since you can get them for $25-50 and the lanes rent them for $3 a pop.  The league will go at least twelve weeks so I'll come out ahead very shortly.  I'm tempted to get my own ball, but I don't know.  That might actually imply some skill.

I bowled a 127, a 131 and a 100 for a 119 average which is pretty pukey, but it is what it is.  I definitely need to get my finger fixed since it's on my bowling hand.

1 comment:

Garion Swann said...

So at $15 dollars a week, you would be looking at $780 a year. It's quite a lot, or is it not payed every week?