Monday, December 7, 2009

On being greedy

I realized over the weekend that I am becoming a greedy dude. There are many things that I want or improvements that I want to make to my house, but I'm not content to wait until I save up money. I want them right now. Somehow I've tied my happiness to my stuff and that situation is a terrible way to live because you'll never be happy. I think I'm the happiest when I'm exercising so I should just join a tennis club or a gym or something.

I definitely need to draw the line on how much stuff I have. I think it's ok for me to improve upon what I have - upgrading my stove for instance, but I shouldn't covet more stuff.

2 comments:

rly said...

agree! for the past few months, i've actually been trying to get rid of stuff... after awhile, it all just builds up and then there's just "too much". i too went through "wanting everything now" when i first got my place. now all i want to do is get rid of everything except the bare essentials.

Jeremy said...

I've somehow associated stuff with happiness. It doesn't quite work that way.