Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lack of mental discipline

I banged off a few items from my to-do list last night, but woke up lethargic this morning.  Even though it's later than the clock says, I wanted to stay in bed.  I stumbled down to do my P90X workout, but I wasn't really into it so I gave up after about 30 minutes.  I'm in the recovery week and today's workout was the enigmatic Core Synergistics.  I don't think Tony really understands kinesiology since he keeps referring to "stomach muscles" and talks about how his workouts target the whole core.  Maybe, but a lot of the these workouts put you into an awkward position with strain on your spine and that's not how I roll.

I think part of the problem is I'm ready to be done with P90X.  It's lost a lot of its appeal because you come to realize it's quantity over quality and it's pretty much the same three movements slightly repackaged.  Those three movements are effective, but you don't want to overdo it or mental fatigue will creep in.  Tony also can be really grating after a while.  For instance, one of the workouts in Core Synergistics is superman/banana.  Both of those are excellent core workouts and it's good to switch off between them.  However, he has you switch every few seconds so you don't have time to get set.  He also seems to get off on watching the crew struggle to quickly switch between them which makes him a grade A jerkoff.

Anyhow, I better stow this bad attitude or today is going to be a long day.

No comments: