Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday morning ramblings

Jerry Sandusky is a sick bastard and I hope he rots in hell.  I'd like to hurry his ass there, but it's up to the courts to deal with him.  The dudes rioting to support him and Paterno are even sicker.  It's bad enough that this dude was molesting kids on the campus and in the athletic facilities, but now we find out that many people knew about it and hoped it would just go away.  Sports are fun and are a nice diversion, but they are not more important than anyone's well-being.  The grand indictment was linked on fark.com and I could only get part way through the description of victim 1 before I got physically sick.  That mess just ain't right.

In lighter news, here is an interesting article on the future of consumer electronics.  The author makes some good arguments about how touch screens are not responsive enough and that we're used to using touch subconsciously.  I use Swype on my Droid so I have to look at the screen, but I don't like tablets because the keys are unresponsive.  It'll be interesting to see what the future brings.

In case you were thinking of giving up on life, read this dude's RageComic.  Despite my cynicism, I found his story pretty uplifting and inspiring.  I hope I can pwn some noobs when I'm in my 80's though I'm a little worried that the US will be a fourth world backwater at that point.  Anyhow, it's important to keep the bigger picture in perspective and to not dwell too much on the low points.  "This too will pass."

No comments: