Saturday, March 24, 2012

Drive

I watched Drive last night and I don't get what the fuss was all about.  The first hour was really slow and I couldn't figure out if Gosling's character is autistic or not.  He had maybe 200 words of dialogue in the whole movie and spent most of the time drooling off in space.

There were some welcome moments of graphic violence, but they were few and far between.  The plot was also pretty stupid so I couldn't get involved.  I didn't really care what happened to the characters and spent the last half an hour checking to see how much of the movie remained.

Weak sauce for sure.

2 comments:

postyum said...

Too funny -- I really loved Drive -- enough to see it twice in the theaters. But, if you thought the main hero was stupid, then I could see why the movie would be boring. I really liked that the hero was content in different ways with being alone in the world and having a weird half-relationship. Also, the soundtrack/score of the movie was incredible.

Jeremy said...

Yes, the soundtrack was cool and fit the movie, but I felt all the characters were one-dimensional.