Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hanna

Hanna is a movie from 2011 starring Saorise Ronan as Hanna, Eric Bana as her dad and Cate Blanchett as a CIA agent tracking the former two down.  I'm not sure how it ended up in my Netflix queue, but I probably added it because it was in a "violent category."  Heh.  Netflix knows me pretty well.

The movie centers around Hanna's self-discovery and involves her traveling around a couple of continents trying to meet up with her father.  She beats up some bad guys and learns the truth about herself which is about all I can say without spoiling the movie.

I thought it was well shot and well paced though the first half is better than the second.  The Chemical Brothers did the score and it fits the movie well.  Hanna kicks a lot of ass which is a bit unbelievable since she's only 15 and Blanchett has a pretty piss poor Texan accent.  I'd say Blanchett was miscast since the role really calls for a tough woman.  Bana's German accent is pretty good and his character is believable.  Ronan does a great job from start to finish.

I recommend this movie if you're a fan of gritty thrillers and don't mind seeing people get stabbed.

No comments: