Sunday, April 8, 2012

I am an uncle!

I got some great news last night.  My brother and sister-in-law called to tell me they finally had their first kid, Francisco Jesse, around 10AM West Coast time.  He was a big 8lbs 8oz and 22in long.  For reference, I was 7lbs 11oz and 21in long, but enough about my penis.  Heh.  C'mon, admit it; that was funny.

All three are doing well and I'm still transitioning from relief to joy.  My sister-in-law is my age and pregnancies at her age aren't always that easy.

He said Francisco is in honor of our Aunt Francis and Jesse is in honor of my sister-in-law's great-grandmother.  My brother has an Hispanic thing going on and plans to speak Spanish to his son so he'll be fluent.  Heh.  Whatever floats your boat, but you were born a Northern European mutt just like me.

Definitely exciting news and I look forward to meeting the little dude in late June and early July.

Happy Easter to y'all.


No comments: