Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hiking Blackhead and Blackdome Mountains

Yesterday, I hiked Blackhead and Blackdome Mountains with the usual crew. I like hiking in the Catskills because the trailheads are closer and the trails tend to be a little shorter. They're generally steeper so you get more or less the same workout.

I was haulin' on the flats, but predictably ran out of gas for the steep part. I also tweaked my left knee a bit coming down so I was pretty slow there as well. However, I think I got a good workout and the weather cooperated. There were a lot of flies at the top, but the occasional breeze took care of them.

These two mountains are numbers 2 and 3 for height in the Catskills so we were able to get great views. They just miss out on being 4000ft peaks.

Hiking stats:
Mileage: 5.9mi
Moving avg: 2.4mph
Moving time: 2:28
Overall avg: 1.5mph
Total ascent: 2253ft
Max elevation: 3984ft

The hike was pretty much a loop which is another nice feature about hikes in the Catskills:


Picture vomit:

























This hike is the sixth I've done for my challenge.

No comments: