Thursday, July 29, 2010

A trip to the driving range

After work today I went over to the driving range to practice.  It's been about four days since my first lesson and I forgot exactly which grip to use and how far away to stand.  However, my best hit balls still went 150-200 yards without a tee using a 7 yard.  I think that's pretty darn good.  Quite a bit of them drifted to the right though which may indicate too tight of a grip.

I felt like my posture was good, but my swing still needs a lot of work.  I did whiff a few times and topped the ball a few times more, but I was able to make solid contact most of the time.  I went through two buckets in about 45 minutes, but I made sure to try to develop a routine.

Golf definitely uses different muscles than most of my activities because my right wrist and tricep is sore.  It's possible I'm sore because of a poor swing because I wasn't this sore on Sunday.  However, I did my strength training yesterday and it's pretty tough on the arms.

I'll try to hit another bucket's worth on Saturday and then see how much correction I need during my second lesson on Sunday.

No comments: