Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pullups

I was only able to do 1.75 pullups for my pre-P90X fitness test which is under their requirement for starting the program.  I've been doing it anyhow, but I haven't seen much improvement in my pullup strength over the past six weeks and it's frustrating.  I'm not sure if I'm not getting much benefit out of those exercises because I'm not able to bang them out, sort of a chicken-and-egg situation.  Hmmm...

After I finish P90X, there's another fitness test so I'll see how many I can do then.  There are some "50 pullups" or "25 pullups" programs out there so maybe I'll give those a try.  I still need to bang out the 100 pushups and 200 squats programs and I think I'll try the 150 dips.  The program I found online does them off a bench or chair, but I have an actual dip station so I'll use that.

No comments: