Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fitness update

It's been a while, but I was out of town for the holidays.  As you can see from the charts below, I've made excellent progress lately and actually lost quite a bit of chunk of the end of the year holidays.  I ate a lot of desserts at my parents', but tried to eat well other than that.  Heh.

I'm really happy that my waist is shrinking along with the other numbers.  I'm almost back to where I was two years ago, but I think I'm much stronger now.


I'd like to be 180lbs with 17% body fat which means I need to lose another 12lbs of body fat.  That goal is definitely ambitious, but I don't believe in easy goals.  If I don't get there, I'll see how close I can get.

I did the second of my new strength training workouts and I'm definitely seeing some improvement.  I'm debating whether I should add glute-ham raises to balance out the squats, but my kinesiology book says squats work both sides of the leg.  My workouts take about 50 minutes right now and another exercise would probably add another 10 minutes.  Hmmm... I am doing three upper body workouts to just one for the legs.

Any thoughts from my readers?

I'll start taking monthly pictures to capture my progress next month since I have the P90X final pictures from last weekend.

No comments: