Sunday, February 10, 2013

Portland visit - December 2012

Well, it's pretty clear I'm a lazy sod because I'm just getting around to uploading my Christmas vacation photos.

I went back to Portland as usual and had a great time.  I was there for about ten days and got my fill.  We went up to Seattle to watch the Seahawks absolutely destroy the 49ers.  The crowd was a bit rowdier than usual and it turns out they had steep discounts on beer before the game.  I think Seattle folk are a little less cool than Portlanders anyhow and there was a lot more douchery.  The game was awesome and had a little bit of everything.

It was my nephew's first Christmas and he made it out along with the rest of us.  I don't think anyone went overboard with presents, but everyone got something cool.  I got a new winter coat which has proven a godsend the past month or so because it's been cold here.

The day after Christmas, we watched Portland beat the Kings.  It wasn't a particularly well-played game and Cousins was suspended for it, but it's also good to watch a Blazers' win.  The seats were really good - we were a couple of rows below the media section.  I normally like to sit as close as possible, but actually prefer these seats because we could see more of the court.

On Friday, I went snowshoeing with my cousin on Mt Hood.  The trail was pretty well-packed, but it was still a good workout and I got some great shots of Mt Hood.  I held up pretty well and seemed to be in better shape than him which is great because he's in law enforcement.  It was my first time snowshoeing and I definitely want to do it again.  I think I need to get a more rugged vehicle because the good trails around here are out in the sticks.

To finish off the sports theme, we saw the Winterhawks squeak one out against the Americans.  Junior hockey is exciting to watch because the players are fast, but not all that big.  The NHL has a lot more thuggery.  I'm in the minority that I'm not a fan of fighting in hockey since our sports are violent enough as it is.

It's always good to go back to Portland and this time was no exception.

Picture vomit can be found here.

No comments: