Monday, July 6, 2009

Ruh roh

I was watching a movie tonight on my Sony SXRD (KDS-50A2000) when I saw the dreaded "green blob." Apparently the optical blocks in these TV's are faulty. It's strange because I watched two movies over the weekend and had no trouble. I also haven't had any trouble with this TV since I bought it in January 2007. Crazy. I wonder why it crapped out now.

The good news is that Sony has extended the warranty on the optical block to June 30, 2010 so they'll probably replace/fix it for free. If not, I'm screwed because the optical block costs more than $1000. I sent technical support an e-mail so we'll see what they say.

I was going to buy a Samsung LED TV for upstairs for watching over-the-air broadcasts, but changed my mind today because I should save my cash for emergencies.

The good news is that both of my new blueberry plants have ripe berries on them. I guess the excessive sun of yesterday and today ripened them up. I ate a couple when I was watering them. Definitely tasty. Hopefully all my new plants will survive.

No comments: