Saturday, March 28, 2009

No shampoo update

The greasy feeling reduced as the week went on, but never really went away so I tried using baking soda for the wash (1 tbs in 1 cup water) and apple cider vinegar for the rinse (1 tbs in 1 cup water). The baking soda really dried out my hair so I'm not sure how I could use it without rinsing with the ACV. Of course, I got vinegar in my eye, but I'm clumsy like that.

My hair feels much better than if I wash with warm water only. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since nearly every no 'poo instructions recommended the baking soda and ACV. I think I'll go back to my homemade shampoo for now until I get a couple of shampoo bottles to make the baking soda wash and ACV rinse. I think it makes more sense to make them up in advance rather than on the spot.

No comments: