Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No shampoo

I was pokin' around on the web and found an interesting article advocating just washing your hair with water. Since I'm not really around people much due to unemployment and hermitism, I thought I would give it a try starting today. I know that most shampoos are harsh and strip your hair of its natural oil. I make my own shampoo and it's pretty mild, but maybe even it's too much.

Just rinsing my hair with water goes against years of showering habits and my hair feels a little greasy. I understand that's normal and the feeling will go away once my hair comes back into oil balance. Who knows? Fortunately, I can always go back to using my homemade shampoo.

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

It's been three days and my hair still feels pretty greasy. I think I'll wash it with a little baking soda today.

Unknown said...

homemade shampoo? tell me more..

Jeremy said...

Yvonne told me about this website and I found a recipe for shampoo after poking around: http://www.thepersonalformulator.com/formulations/shampoo1.htm

They sell all sorts of stuff so you can get essential oils if you want to add fragrance or for other properties.

I've been using this shampoo for more than six months now and I think my hair feels better than before. I wish it would cover up the gray hairs that are sprouting, but there isn't much to be done about those except to minimize stress.