Thursday, November 12, 2009

Project 365: Day 55

I got sick of my pokey computer last night when I was watching the Blazers destroy the hapless T'Wolves.  NBA.com's League Pass Broadband is a memory hog and my graphics card can barely handle the flash.

I was going to put a computer together, but the Radeon 5870's are still impossible to get.  A colleague convinced me to get an HP from Best Buy.  I took a look and they actually have competitive prices on nice machines. 

I got an AMD Phenom II 910 with a Radeon 4350 and 8 GB of RAM.  A few years ago, I would've laughed at anyone buying AMD or from Best Buy, but times have changed.

I ordered online this morning and picked it up after work today.  I've got it set up and have used it for a bit now.  I like Windows 7 and this computer is at least an order of magnitude faster than my old one.  When my network HD returns from gettin' fixed, I'll move all my files over to it and then move my old computer into the spare room to be used as a guest computer.  I'll need to get a wireless card for it, but that shouldn't be expensive nor a big deal.

I'm still going to put a pimpin' system together, but I'll wait until later next year when AMD comes out with its Bulldozer chips.  I work for a company whose primary customer is AMD so I better support them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!