Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Decisions, decisions.

I had an appointment with an allergist this afternoon. The good news is my blood pressure is 110/66 and my resting heart rate is 54 bpm. The nurses asked if I exercised or ran much. Heh. I think the key is I'm not a huge fat ass. Anyhow, the bad news is my allergist can't do any more for me. He can keep me where I am, which is just ok, but I need to see an ENT doctor to explore sinus surgery. It has worked for my mom and for a few friends, but it's not guaranteed to work for me. I'm doing ok, but I wouldn't mind doing better. I can't remember the last time I was able to breathe freely out of my nose. Of course, they might find nothing and then I went through surgery for nothing.

I think I'll schedule the appointment and see what the doctor has to say. The most it'll cost me is some time and a co-pay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think ENT doctors are the greatest things ever! That's probably because I've had to see one twice a year since I was 6 years old, but still, an ENT doctor kept me alive when I was kid. If it wasn't for him, my ear infection would have grown and consumed the nerve in my ear, paralyzing me or even killing me.