Sunday, August 3, 2008

Beefcake Challenge: End of Week 31

Day 215:
Weight = 190.8 lbs (no change)

Body fat = 27.1 % (-0.9 %)

Visceral fat = 9 (no change)

Resting metabolism = 1840 kCal (+4 kCal)


Ah ha. Now the numbers are showing my progress. This body fat percent of 27.1% is the lowest it has ever been since I started recording it. Kick ass. Hopefully it will continue to drop as I add back in more vigorous exercise. This past week I walked to and from work twice and rode the exercise bike three times with some interval training. I also did some strength training to get more beefcake. I think I'm definitely leaner though my posture sucks. I definitely need to get that "fixed" by the end of the summer.


My knees are doing much better, but they still complain if I work them too much. I've got a couple more weeks of low impact exercise to go and then I'll test them out with something more strenuous. I'm not sure what though. Ultimate on a lumpy field is probably not a good choice nor is basketball on a dirty court. Hmmm... maybe I can try some light jogging.

I'm still more or less following Phase II of the South Beach Diet and it's working. I no longer crave sugar and passed on dessert yesterday at lunch though being full was probably the main reason. Even when I eat sugar now it doesn't taste as good as it did before. Huh. I wonder if maybe I'm just not eating the right desserts since I haven't had any ice cream.

No comments: