Sunday, August 17, 2008

Vacation: Day 2

My brother and I drove up to Rockridge, a neighborhood in Oakland to meet up with our cousins for brunch: Kerry, her husband John, their two kids, Molly and Olivia and Lucie and her husband Brent. Lucie is supposed to have her first baby any day now. We went to the Rockridge Cafe which is supposed to be a good place, but was just alright. The portions were a little on the small side and some people ordered more food just to feel full. It's the kind of place where people go to be seen, but it isn't anywhere I'd wait forty minutes though.



It's pretty rare to catch me smiling in a picture. I don't remember what was said to get me to laugh though.

The original plan was for my brother and I to take BART into SF to poke around, but my allergies were killin' me so I dropped my bro off at Berkeley and drove home. I did some laundry and packed while he tooled around the city.

We grubbed on grilled steak for dinner, watched some preseason football and then some of the Chappelle Show. Sweet. I also barely beat him in cribbage so it's 3-1 him. I'll get my revenge in P-town for sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is indeed a rare moment when you smile for a picture or in a picture. Glad it got captured on film!
I agree...the Rockridge Cafe is not worth the long wait...decent food but not that fabulous of a cafe.