Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Black Winter Day"

  • This post's title is from a Jedi Mind Tricks song since I'm a big fan.
  • It's snowing out now and my front yard looks pretty cool. I think I would enjoy the snow a lot more if I had one hundred percent confidence in my roof. I got a recommendation for a plumber I hired so I should be good to go once the weather improves. I'll have him estimate a metal roof, but I'm pretty sure I can't afford one. I'm not sure for how long I'll be in this house so I probably should play it safe and get some thick 30 year shingles.
  • Friends of mine down south have had a fun couple of days with heavy snow and power outages. I've been pretty fortunate this winter. I probably should get my bike powered generator set up before next winter so I've got guaranteed backup power. Of course, I'd have to peddle my ass off to charge it up, but I need to get my fat ass into shape.
  • As a pre-birthday celebration, a friend invited me over for fajitas, Lost and cupcakes. Sweet. An awesome night for sure. We also watched some of the Winter Olympics. I know people can get into some of these sports, but I can't. The speedskaters don't look like they're going that fast and I don't know enough to appreciate their technique.
  • I had big plans for this morning, but I think I'll take it easy. I need to clean up my kitchen and do some laundry. I'll probably go into work for an hour or so this afternoon. I need to hit the library to renew some books since I can't seem to remember my login information.
  • The fajitas friend told me my blog has gotten a bit boring so I'll see what I can do to restore the entertainment. I should definitely post more than the stupid Project 365 pictures. I'm already sick of it, but feel like I should plow through just to prove I can. I'll try to post my thoughts every day.

No comments: