Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fitness update

I took a small step backwards this week since there wasn't any badminton (planned) nor basketball (schedule goof-up).  I gained just half a pound of fat so it's not a huge step back, but I had hoped to continue my good progress forward.

Note: I'm not body dysmorphic and I only "obsess" over these numbers because I'm an engineer.  I like to be able to quantify my progress in many ways.  Overall, I'm feeling great and healthy and was able to avoid excess sugar for three days at work.  Work can get stressful and certain people always have a big ass bowl of candy on their desks so it's tough to resist.  I see self-discipline as a big part of my fitness challenge.

I still can't quite do a pull-up, but I'm getting really close.  I got my lower lip to the bar, but could go no further.  I need to work on strengthening my forearms since they give out first.

No comments: