Thursday, June 3, 2010

Road trip: Day 1

This morning I drove from Delmar to Milan, OH. It took about 9 hours to drive the 530 some odd miles since I stopped for bathroom breaks, gas and lunch. The ride was mostly uneventful except for an incident outside of Cleveland. A car two cars in front of me ran over something which flew over the car in front of me to hit my windshield leaving a chip and some cracks. I think it should hold up for the rest of the trip, but I'll call my auto insurance to find out.

Here's the crack:

Here's my motel:
It's not the greatest place, but it's cheap and relatively clean. I took a short swim in the pool before heading out for an early dinner. The dude at the desk recommended Applebee's, but I asked him for somewhere local and he suggested Homestead Inn. I had salad, scallops, broccoli, bread and pumpkin cheesecake since I had a coupon for a free dessert. The food was surprisingly good and I would definitely go there again. It counts as a new restaurant for me for sure.

No comments: