Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Road trip: Day 7

I woke up around 7:30 this morning, had breakfast, did some pushups and headed to Target to get some deodorant and sun block.  They now make 100+ SPF so I got some spray for my body and a 55+ and a 60+ for my face.  I came back and walked around the UGA campus, taking something like 70+ pictures.  Georgia has a nice campus though it's pretty big.

I met my friend for lunch at the Five Star Day Cafe which serves soul food.  I had meatloaf and black-eyed peas and it was great.  I passed on dessert again though I was tempted to get some banana pudding (one of the most common Southern desserts).  After lunch, my friend and I walked around downtown a bit before she had to go to work.  I drove to the State Botanical Garden and walked around for about an hour.  It's a pretty big garden with trails through the woods in addition to the usual gardens.  It was wicked humid so I left when I didn't think I could sweat anymore.  I then hit up Memorial Park and checked out their animals.  I guess they care for sick or injured animals and nurse them back to health so they can be released.  I saw a good variety of stuff and left when a thunderstorm came through and I got soaked.  The storm ended while I was driving back, but I had had enough sun and fun.

I came back and washed my shorts since they were pretty travel worn.  I did some work and read for a bit before heading out for dinner.  My friend had to work so I ate alone at the Trappeze Pub which has an insane amount of beers available.  I had an Avery The Kaiser which nearly put me under the table since I'm now a lightweight.  For food, I had a pulled pork sandwich, sweet potato fries, cheese and fruit.  It was damn good and it didn't hurt the waitress was smokin' hot.

I'm now watching some playoff hockey and thinking about whether I have enough energy to go out to grab another beer.  I'm thinking not, but I don't need to decide yet.

Picture vomit:














































































































No comments: