Monday, March 7, 2011

Trip to NYC

To celebrate my birthday, I went down to NYC last Saturday.  I drove down to Beacon to catch the Metro North train into Grand Central.  My friend met me there and we walked around a bit, got a slice at Slice, walked over to the water and then got some Japanese food at En.

The picture below was taken near the water:
I had a great time.  It didn't take too much effort to get down there and the weather cooperated on Saturday. It rained cats and dogs on Sunday, but that's ok.

I spent Saturday night at the Times Square Residence Inn which had a pretty comfortable bed and a free breakfast buffet.

I was surprised at how clean NYC was compared to when I was there a few years ago.  I didn't get hassled either, but maybe that's because of my imposing physique.

I definitely plan to go to the city at least once a month and would like to do twice, but it depends on how often I can impose on my friends.

No comments: