Friday, August 1, 2008

Health and fitness update

It has been a full week since I saw the physician's assistant about my left knee and ankle. She told me I could exercise, but only if it is low impact, for three to four weeks and then I could try whatever I want. I've been riding the exercise bike, walking to work and doing my resistance band exercises. I'm no longer limping and my knees feel pretty good. They get a little "tight" inside if I sit for too long, but I think I'll be back to normal in a couple of weeks for sure. I probably should ease into frisbee and basketball, but I'm not sure how.

I'm still following South Beach Diet - Phase II and I think it's working. I haven't craved sugar in at least ten days and I think I'm getting leaner. I eat a lot of what I ate before, but I substitute in whole grain products whenever possible. I don't use bread for sandwiches, but use whole grain pitas instead. I still get that bread taste, but don't end up eating as much of it. The additional fiber has added some bathroom fun, but it's all good. Gotta poop sometime.

No comments: