Friday, August 8, 2008

El hombre come

I finally installed Level 1 of Latin American Spanish from Rosetta Stone and then ran through the first lesson. It says I only got 99% of the lesson right, but it didn't catch the one it said I missed - el hombre come. I said it, but I guess the free headset doesn't have a great mic. Oh well. Their concept is definitely interesting. It is complete immersion with no translation. You learn by associating the words with images and by repeating after native speakers. I can also say/understand stuff like Ellos nadan and Las ninas corren. Oh and don't forget that El hombre cocina and La mujer bebe.

I'll try to go through two or three lessons a week. There are only four units, but hopefully it won't go too quickly. I'll decide after finishing finishing this level if I want to continue. I'm a little skeptical that I can learn Spanish in just three levels, but who knows? It's worth a shot and learning is always cool.

I can't roll my r's so I know I'll mispronounce any word that requires it like corre.

3 comments:

irishkimchee said...

You could also beef up your Spanish immersion by watching Spanish TV. I did that when I was in Spain. There is nothing quite like watching "The Cosby Show" en espanol.

Jeremy said...

I get Univision so maybe I should try that out. Most of the shows on there are soaps or weird talk shows.

Unknown said...

I am surprised bro' - I doubted you would ever want to learn Spanish. And yep, rolling the r's is a pain in the @$$ if your tongue is already matured.