Friday, August 15, 2008

Vacation: Day 1

I'm taking vacation from today through 8/25. My brother flew in from Portland last night and we went to Rancho San Antonio County Park to go for a hike. We got there late morning so it was pretty toasty out. We did the PG&E trail plus another one for a total of about 8 miles. My knees held up pretty well until the very end and are a little sore now. We didn't take enough water so we got dehydrated.

No, we don't look anything alike, yes, I do have bad posture, yes, I do sweat a lot and yes, I do look dorky with my socks pulled up, but it keeps my shins from getting bit or scratched.

I got beat twice in cribbage and was skunked the first time so I'm 0-3. Weak.

We went to DishDash for dinner. I had the shish kabob and my brother had tabsi. The food was great, but it was loud and crowded since we were on the "ghetto" side of the restaurant where they put the kids and walk-ins.

We watched Cloverfield last night. It was a little better than Jumper because the cameraman character said some funny things, but it was still a pretty piss-poor movie.

No comments: