Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday ramblings

I walked to and from work today so that means I had some time to think. I was thinking mostly about houses this morning. I'll probably need to widen my house search to get into a better neighborhood. It's more important that I live in a quiet place than somewhere right near work. I'll look at Santa Clara and maybe some parts of San Jose. The problem is that I don't know Silicon Valley all that well so I'm not sure where the good neighborhoods are. Sure, Palo Alto, Atherton and Los Altos are nice, but I can't afford a garbage can there. I'll see what my realtor has to say. I've got friends here that know the area pretty well too.

I was also thinking about how even though it's been nine months, I'm still "not ready." I'm not even sure how to describe what I'm feeling, but that's the best I came up with. I feel unsettled and adrift for sure. Getting dumped is an uprooting experience for sure, but I probably should just drink a can of Tough the Fuck up and focus on what I like to do - exercise, pool and sports.

Today at work I found out my work friend got a promotion and I feel a little weird about that. I'm happy for her, but I've worked there just a month or so less, but probably won't even be considered for a promotion for another year at least and who knows what'll happen between now and then? I don't think a promotion these days comes with a salary bump, but to me it's a recognition that your hard work is appreciated and that's nice. It sort of sucks being the lowest dude on the ladder even though you work your ass off. Heh. It sounds like I need another shot of Tough the Fuck up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good swig of Tough the Fuck UP always helps- things are out of your control and other things are in your control. Best to just deal with it as they are. Looking forward to seeing you this upcoming weekend to have en-vivo Fantasy Football trashtalk (operative word for me is "Trash" since my Fantasy team is marginal and inconsistent - Note to McNabb: "Three interceptions?? Really??").