Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nacho cheese Mexican chowder

My mom wanted a slow cooker since I kept talking mine up so my dad got her one last Christmas.  He also got her a well-rated slow cooker cookbook, but she didn't like it because the recipes all called for 15-20 ingredients which is usual.  She wants simpler recipes so she got this white trash slow cooker cookbook and got me a copy as well.  The recipes are stupid easy with just a few ingredients so tonight's dinner was Nacho Cheese Mexican Chowder.  I call it a white trash cookbook because it has you use store made ingredients instead of brewing them up yourself.  This one called for cut up chicken, frozen corn, condensed cheese soup (hence the white trash label) and stewed tomatoes.  I also added some diced green chile.

Hmmm...it was ok, but not great so I'm not going to recommend this recipe.  Here's a picture of it in the slow cooker:
It's pretty watery thanks to the tomatoes and ended up fairly bland.  At least it counts as a new recipe so I've got just five left before I can cross this task off.

No comments: