Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Ah, it's finally here.  I think it's going to be a great game between Pittsburgh and Green Bay, but who knows?  I'm rooting for Green Bay because I had a couple of the dudes on my fantasy team and Rodgers lived in the Portland area for three years when he was younger.  I've got a cheesehead as well.

I'm having a party for the game though I'm not sure it deserves such a lofty description when maybe four people will make it over.  I invited many more, but some people are out of town, some people had prior plans and some people got better offers.  No worries since I don't mind watching the game myself.  A Super Bowl party is on my challenge list and last year's definitely counted and I'll most likely count this one as well since I'm making food and I'm cleaning up.

Having people over means I need to make sure there's at least some parking available which means more snow shoveling.  I usually only shovel well enough to get my car in and out, but that criterion isn't going to work today so I'll need to shovel more of the upper driveway.  It's supposed to be warm today so I might wait until later to let some of the snow melt.  It did rain yesterday so it may be icy out now which would suck.

I can definitely use a trip to somewhere warm.

No comments: