Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stuffed peppers

Sunday means slow cooking and tonight's dinner was a recipe out of my white trash slow cooker cookbook.  The previous recipes had let me down, but this one was simple enough that there was no way it could fail.  It turned pretty well so I'll provide the simple recipe:
Combine 1 cup cooked rice, 2oz shredded cheese and 15oz chili beans in "gravy" in a bowl.  Mix it up.  I used uncooked rice because I wanted it to absorb some moisture.

Cut the tops off four bell peppers and clean out the innards.  Put 15oz of tomato sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker, put the peppers in and fill them up with the rice, cheese and bean mixture.  Cook for around 6 hours on low and serve with more shredded cheese and the sauce from the bottom of the pot.

I took a picture before putting on more cheese, but you get the idea.  As I said above, they turned out well and are nutritious.  The recipe is stupid easy as well.

This recipe is new to me so just four more to go before polishing off this challenge.  Woo hoo.

No comments: