Friday, November 21, 2008

Disappointment

Well, it seems like no house for me at the beginning of the year. My mortgage broker neglected to mention that there are several fees that I would need to pay and that I do not qualify for down payment assistance so I would need to pony up property taxes in advance. Weak. Right now I'm about $10k short and there isn't any way I can raise that money any time soon. I'm pretty disappointed because I was looking forward to pimpin' out my own place. Housing prices are still dropping and I don't see the US coming out of this recession any time soon so they should continue to fall. Maybe they'll fall enough for me to get back into the game. I could probably afford a place in the ghetto or with a long commute, but I don't really feel like spending two hours in the car every day.

I thought I had properly explained my situation to the mortgage broker earlier this year, but I guess not. Or maybe he wasn't paying attention since it was way in advance of when I'd buy a place.

I also need to be careful because my job is most definitely not secure and it might take a few months to find a new one in this environment.

Bummer.

No comments: