Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Exercise epiphany

I definitely need to exercise more. There was an article in the paper saying that it's good to get at least 300 minutes of moderate exercise or 180 minutes of vigorous exercise in a week. That sounds like a lot, but seems like a good goal. They defined vigorous exercise as anything that prevents you from holding a normal conversation. I think jumping on my trampoline is moderate exercise and so is walking to work. My track work most definitely qualifies as vigorous because anyone who can hold a conversation while sprinting isn't running hard enough.

I'll keep track of my exercise more carefully just like I did with my food when I started Phase I of the South Beach Diet. I need to be more disciplined about getting into shape. The endorphins will definitely help my mood.

I can take a walk after lunch at work, a walk at night after dinner, can walk to work more often and can use the stair climber at my apartment complex. It's too bad I don't have my own place yet because then I could jump rope. That's great exercise.

No comments: