Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yard work

Yesterday I saw a family of turkeys eating stuff off my deck:

While it's cool to see wildlife in my yard, it's not a good sign that they found stuff to eat on my deck.  I spent 1.5 hours this morning raking and sweeping the deck.  I had another 30 minutes before it was time to fire up the slow cooker so I mowed about half the front lawn.  My electric mower has a mess of torque so I was able to mow back a lot of the plants which have been creeping.

I also saw some of these turkeys fly a little bit which surprised me.

2 comments:

rly said...

So lucky you have a deck!
So weird. Where did those turkeys come from?!

Jeremy said...

Decks are nice, but mine isn't that large and has a tree growing through some of it which cuts down on the amount of continuous open space.

I live out in the sticks so I get all sorts of wildlife in my yard.