Saturday, January 17, 2009

The best steak ever?

I got a ribeye from Dittmer's when I was there last week. I froze it until Wednesday and then pulled it. I marinated it last night with apple cider vinegar, barbecue sauce, tabasco sauce, Montreal steak seasoning, mesquite, salt and pepper. I grilled it tonight for dinner and had a salad to go along with it.

I don't know if it's the grass-fed beef or not, but it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. I forgot that grass-fed beef cooks faster so it ended up a bit past medium. Still, it was tasty.

I'm really liking my six month challenge because animals raised on what they'd prefer to eat taste much better than the factory-farmed animals. I don't think I can go back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is the taste difference between regular and grass-fed beef? Was it very noticeable to you?

Jeremy said...

The texture is what is the most different between corn- and grass-fed beef. The taste is a little more "beefy" for grass-fed beef as well. All the meats have stronger flavors - chicken has more of a chicken flavor, pork has more of a pork flavor, etc. I'm not really sure how to describe it, but try to get your hands on some "natural" meat and see if you notice the difference.