Thursday, January 29, 2009

Trip to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego, CA

Last Friday I drove down to San Diego to visit two friends from college, John and Julie, who married each other a few years ago. It's 470 miles from Sunnyvale to SD and takes about 8 hours if you don't stop too much nor get caught in a lot of LA traffic. I had a great time chilling and relaxing. I even got on a good schedule because they have two kids under the age of 5. It's been a long time since I've eaten dinner at 5, but I didn't mind and eventually started to get hungry around that time.

Here's a picture of their cat Rhys on the cat tree.


That Sunday we went to the Wild Animal Park which is run by the San Diego Zoo. I'm not a huge fan of zoos, but this one gives the animals a lot more space. We took the tram tour through their African exhibit and saw a lot of different kinds of animals. Most of them are some sort of gazelle or bok, but I can't remember the difference so there are no captions for the pictures.






No comments: