Monday, January 19, 2009

Grilled pork chops

I hadn't had pork chops in a long time so I got some from Dittmer's on Saturday and grilled them last night. I marinated them for about an hour in a mixture of garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I also grilled up some asparagus and peppers. The pork tasted great, but was a little dry because I think I grilled it too long. You don't want to undercook pork so I erred on the side of caution.

You can also see a small puddle of homemade mustard on my plate. I mixed up Coleman's mustard powder and water. Apparently the water acts as a catalyst for the essential oils in the powder. The oil is what gives mustard a kick. It was really spicy with a strong mustard taste.

All in all a great meal. I'll have to watch the chops more carefully next time.

No comments: