Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ramblings on an Easter Sunday

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it. I'm not religious at all, but I thought I would at least pass out some greetings.

Today is my second full day in the Albany area. I got here Friday night and am staying in some temporary housing, Riverwalk on the Hudson in Cohoes, NY. It's pretty decent and more importantly, is furnished. I thought I was getting only a 1 bed/1 bath, but it's two of each. It's overkill, but nothing says that I have to fully use the place. The layout is good except you can't quite get natural light into the dining room.

I made a video walking through the place:

It has a dishwasher and a washer and dryer so I'm all set.

It's a bit strange being in an area and not knowing anyone, but I guess it's up to me to meet some new friends. I've been a little lonely this weekend and got depressed because I might not see some of the people left behind in CA again. Super weak.

To get some exercise today, I took a walk north through Peebles State Park and into Waterford, NY. Waterford is at the confluence of the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers and the Erie Canal system starts near there as well. The town seems hit hard by the recession or maybe it's always a bit junky. I saw a lot of older American cars which are pretty common away from big cities because they're cheap as all getup.

I took some videos along the way from my complex, the park and a couple of bridges. It was cold and windy out, which is something that'll take a while to get used to since I've spent the last two plus years in NorCal.









I took all these videos with my Flip Mino. It's handy, but the quality is just ok. Well, maybe the quality is a bit better than ok, but my cinematography skills are not up to par.

No comments: