Wednesday, January 13, 2010

101 in 1001 days update

I tried a recipe from a friend's Real Simple magazine. I think the magazine is Real Dumb, but the recipe looked interesting:

Beef and sweet potato turnovers

Brown 0.5 lbs ground beef with 2 cloves of chopped garlic
Add 1 grated sweet potato and 2 cups baby spinach
Season with salt and pepper.
Cut 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed) in half.
Divide the beef and 1.5 cups grated cheddar cheese among the 4 pieces of dough; seal the edges.
Bake at 375 F until golden, 25-30 minutes.

It doesn't say if the spinach and sweet potato should be browned along with the meat so I didn't.

The finished product:
It makes four turnovers, but I'm just rockin' my toaster oven so I only had room for two.

They taste alright, but aren't exactly anything special. I might make them again since it was pretty easy.

This new recipe counts as one of my one hundred in my 101 items in 1001 days quest.

2 comments:

rly said...

hahaha... I love that magazine!

Jeremy said...

I'm not surprised since it's geared towards women.