Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trying out my new oven

My new stove was delivered and installed Thursday afternoon, but last night was its maiden voyage. To properly test it out, I made pizza. Here we've got the pre-cooked pizza made with homemade dough, Classico red sauce, some fancy pepperoni and a pound of fresh mozzarella:




Twenty five minutes later, accompanied by a piercing smoke detector, the pizza was done:
The sauce dripped off the pizza onto the parchment paper and then onto the stove which is what caused the smoke which set up the detector. Even vigorous towel waving near the detector didn't work so we opened up a bunch of windows and got the ceiling fans going. The detector is hooked to the house circuits rather than battery-powered. I was looking for the hallway circuit breaker when it finally cut out. Holy moly.

Anyhow, the pizza turned out really well. I'm even having a couple of slices for breakfast.

No comments: