Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First impression of Black and Decker CM1936 cordless electric mower

It didn't rain today so I tried out my new cordless electric mower after work. I mowed as much of my lawn as I could before the charge died. I figured I mowed about half my lawn, but I have a big yard and the grass was a couple of feet high since I've been derelict. In fact, I only bought a new mower because the grass was too tall for my reel mower to handle. I think I'd could mow the whole lawn on a single charge if I mow regularly.

I like my new mower quite a bit. It's much quieter than a gas-powered mower, but not quiet enough to mow at all hours. It produces no fumes which is always appreciated and it's safe because it only starts up if you have a secure grip on it. You'd have to be a contortionist to keep the mower running and get your hand near the blade.

I used the mulching mode and it did a great job and chopping up the grass and plants finely. The mower was fairly easy to handle though the turn radius is not quite as sharp as I anticipated.

I'm impressed overall and would definitely recommend this mower. It is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it.

No comments: