Sunday, June 13, 2010

Road trip: Day 10

Yesterday was pretty chill. We had some breakfast here and then went to the grocery store to pick up stuff to bring to the World Cup potluck my friend's colleague threw. On the way, we stopped at a yard sale where she got some glasses.

We watched the US draw against England which was a great result for the US, but terrible for England. The US goal was "cheap," but still counts and the US nearly punched another in at the end. England has better players on paper, but they didn't play all that well as a team. The food at the potluck was great, but three separate people told me they had met me before which was really weird since I've never been to Alabama before.

After the potluck, we went to Sloss Furnaces and walked around a bit.  It was wicked hot out so we hit a Piggly Wiggly for some drinks.  We came back to her place with the intention of just taking it easy for thirty minutes, but we both fell asleep for more than two hours.  I guess due to a combination of excessive sun and food.  We woke up late enough to have missed some things we planned, but it was ok.  We walked down to a parade and then came back for dinner and Ricochet Robots.

It's still wicked hot here, but I'm going to drive to Charlotte so I'll get to enjoy some a/c in my car.

Picture vomit:

















































No comments: